Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today could NOT be any worse

So this morning my friend Kim died. Now tonight I was headed to Hudson to meet a friend for some much needed and much deserved Mexican food and Margaritas. I was almost to our car in the driveway when I heard this noise. I looked up and saw a van driving by. It sounded like it lost its muffler or something. The van slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road across from our house. That's when I noticed a dog coming from underneath the van. A dog had been hit. The dog got up and ran a little, the van backed up and that's when I noticed that it was MY dog!!! At least I thought it was. It was so dark I couldn't tell for sure. I called for Freckles just in case it was him and the dog was coming towards me. He seemed to have stopped in the pampas grass by our mailboxes. He was crying and whimpering. I ran to the house to ask Mark if he had the dogs out. He said yes. So it was indeed Freckles. That incident happened at about 7:10 tonight. We still haven't been able to find Freckles. We have NO idea where he is. I'm sure he's somewhere suffering...or maybe he's already dead. If there were any possible way for him to get back home, he'd be here. He always comes home.

Here's the part that some of you may not want to hear: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad at Mark right now. I seriously may never talk to him again. I have told him a MILLION times that when he lets the dogs out he MUST put Freckles on a leash. He's a Border Collie! He runs. He herds. Those are his instincts. But Mark either doesn't understand or doesn't care. I knew this was going to happen someday. And sure enough, it happened...and today of all days. I need this like I need a hole in the head. I know I ask for a lot of prayers, but I'm asking for one more for those of you who get this post soon. PLEASE pray that Mark is able to find Freckles. It's so cold outside and it's so dark. I feel helpless not being out there hunting, but someone needs to be home with Hope. Mark's brother in law and nephew are here helping, so that's good. I've had Freckles for MUCH longer than I've had Mark. I was fortunate enough to find Freckles at a shelter in Carrollton, TX, when I lived in Dallas. He is such an awesome dog. He was there for me when my Dad died. He wouldn't leave my side that night. Such a faithful, loving companion. I always referred to him as my "first born." lol I just had him to the vet about a month ago and the vet said that he is such a healthy dog. He figured he'd live to be about 15. I was looking forward to 3 more years with him.

So far 2009 is a year I'd prefer to sleep through. I hope it gets better.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

just checking in to see if your week is getting brighter?